*Note: this is a district-only feature and is only available to districts with an SIS connection.
Growth Reports allows a premium district to measure growth between two current year benchmarks based on an expected growth goal, or create a growth projection report utilizing a single benchmark.
We do this using a sliding scale growth formula defined as follows:
X + (1 - X) × Y
( X = first benchmark score; Y = expected growth goal. )
For a student that scored 60% on their first benchmark and the expected growth goal is 35% the formula would look like this:
.6 + (1 - .6) × .35 | .6 + (.4) × .35 | .6 + .14 = .74
In this example, the student needs to score at least 74% on the second benchmark to meet the growth goal.
As a District Admin, you can select any two benchmark assessments from which to measure growth. The report will automatically compare the first and second benchmark scores, then based on the growth goal you'll know whether or not the student met growth. The calculated percentage for students that met growth will only be displayed if the student has taken both benchmarks.
How to Create a Growth Report
1. Click on Admin, then click on Reporting and select Growth Reports.
2. Click on Add Report. Enter a Name and Description for your report and click Next.
3. Enter a Growth Goal, then click Next
4. Click on Add Benchmark 1, then search or scroll through the list to locate it. Once found, click on it to make your selection.
5. Click on Add Benchmark 2, then search or scroll through the list to locate it. Once found, click on it to make your selection.
6. Click on Create Report to calculate the Growth
7. Once the report has been generated, you can see the expected growth goal, average growth achieved, as well as the number and percentage of students that met growth.
If you'd like to drill down into the information further, you’ll need to use the Export button. This will allow you to arrange the data how you see fit. For example, you will be able to view data by school or by teacher.
Growth Projection Report
If students have only taken the first of two benchmarks, it may be helpful to determine what each student would need to get on the second benchmark to meet growth. This can be done by creating a Growth Projection. After you’ve created this, export the data. In the export, you'll be able to identify the target score that students will need to hit on the second assessment to meet their expected growth goal.
How to Create a Growth Projection Report
1. Follow steps 1 through 4 of the Growth Reports process above. On Step 4, select your first Benchmark then click on Create Growth Projection Report.
2. Once the report has been generated, you can see the expected growth goal and number of students who've taken the benchmark.
To see detailed information for each student, you’ll need to use the Export button. This will allow you to arrange the data how you see fit. For example, you will be able to view data by school or by teacher.