*Note: this is a district-only feature.
After you have added the item to the district item bank, you are ready to begin defining the highlight item. A highlight question is a word-based question that allows a student to highlight words, sentences, or paragraphs in response to a stimulus. There are two sections that are used to define the highlight answer:
- Answer Key
How to Create a Highlight Item for an Item Bank
- To add an optional passage or a calculator, click the Add Passage or the Add Tool button.
- In the Basic section, add the question in the Stimulus field.
- In the Template section, click the Edit Template button, and add the text for the question.
- Click the Edit Tokens button. Next, click on each word that you want to make available for highlighting. If you do not select the word, the student will not be able to highlight it when they answer the question. You can also select entire sentences or paragraphs.
- In the Answer Key section, click on the correct responses.
- Before you publish the item, validate that the answers are functioning correctly. To do this, select the answers in the preview pane and click the Validate icon. Correct answers should be highlighted in green and incorrect answers should be highlighted in red.
- After you have finished creating the item, click the Publish button to share the item with any district teachers, or click the Publish and Reserve button to share the question with district administrators only.