*Note: this is a district-only feature.
Please Note: In Chrome, the 'Block third party cookies and site data' box must be unchecked in order to be able to add text in the question editor. If you cannot enter text, please make sure this box is not checked in your Chrome settings.
After you have added the item to the district item bank, you are ready to begin defining the number line association item. A number line association question is a drag and drop type item that asks students to plot possible responses on a number line in response to a stimulus. There are three sections that are used to define the number line association answer:
- Answer Key
How to Create a Number Line Association Item for an Item Bank
- To add an optional passage or a calculator, click the Add Passage or the Add Tool button.
- In the Basic section, add the question in the Stimulus field.
- In the Line section, set the minimum and maximum values for the number line (the values that you want at each end of the line). To add arrows on either end of the line, toggle the Left arrow and Right arrow buttons to Yes.
- In the Ticks section, enter a 1 in the Distance field, and toggle the Show button to Yes.
- To set up the line so that student answers only snap to the ticks, toggle the Snap to ticks button to Yes.
- In the Points section, click the Add button.
- Enter the name of the point (this is the point that the student will drag and drop on the number line). This can be formatted as text, a number, a fraction, or a mixed fraction. Click the Add button again to add more points.
- In the Answer Key section, click the + symbol next to Value. Click it once for each point in your question.
- Select the name of each point and enter the correct answer in the Position field.
- In the Advanced section, in the Frequency field, set the frequency for which you would like the numbers to appear on the number line. If the frequency is set to 1, every number between your set minimum and maximum would appear. If it is set to 2, every other number would appear, etc.
- Before you publish the item, validate that the answers are functioning correctly. To do this, select the answers in the preview pane and click the Validate icon. Correct answers should be highlighted in green and incorrect answers should be highlighted in red.
- After you have finished creating the item, click the Publish button to share the item with any district teachers, or click the Publish and Reserve button to share the question with district administrators only.