*Note: this is a district-only feature.
After you have added the item to the district item bank, you are ready to begin defining the image association item. An image association question is drag and drop item type that shows the student an image, containing blank response locations on the image. The student must move a predetermined set of answer choices into the preset blank locations. There are two sections that are used to define the image association answer:
- Answer Key
How to Create an Image Association Item for an Item Bank
- To add an optional passage or a calculator, click the Add Passage or the Add Tool button.
- In the Basic section, add the question in the Stimulus field.
- Click in the Image URL field and add the image. You can either upload an image from your computer, or enter the URL of an image on the web.
- Next, you'll need to add the responses that the student will drag and drop into the image. Click the green Add button to the right of Possible Responses. Click it once for each response that you want to add to the image.
- Type the names of the responses.
- In the Response Positions section, click the Add button once for each response.
- Click on each response, and then drag it to the appropriate position on the image. Do this until all responses have been added.
- In the Answer Key section, select the score for each valid response. In the Value section, select the correct answer for each position on the image.
- Before you publish the item, validate that the answers are functioning correctly. To do this, select the answers in the preview pane and click the Validate icon. Correct answers should be highlighted in green and incorrect answers should be highlighted in red.
- After you have finished creating the item, click the Publish button to share the item with any district teachers, or click the Publish and Reserve button to share the question with district administrators only.