MasteryConnect is a web-based platform accessible on Macintosh, Windows, and Chrome-based operating systems—no hardware installation is required. All you need is an HTML-5 compliant web browser and an internet-connected desktop, laptop, Chromebook, mobile device, or tablet such as Apple’s iPad.
Minimum Hardware Recommendations
As long as your device can run the most current versions of our recommended browers, there are no specific hardware requirements. However, we make the following recommendations:
We support the two most recent versions of the following browsers:
Other browsers may work; however, we can't guarantee an optimal user experience. Some browsers may require additional configuration for optimal use.
Minimum Screen Resolution
- 1024 x 768 is our lowest recommended screen resolution.
Bandwidth Requirements (per connection)
- MAP/MC: 2 Mbps / 30 computers
- MPG: 3 Mbps / 30 computers
- < 30 devices / WAP W
Traffic Prioritization (for QoS)
Accessing MasteryConnect's standard and expanded services requires that you configure your firewall to allow certain domains.
To fully optimize performance, improve latency, and increase usable bandwidth for our services, it may be necessary to implement bandwidth management and traffic shaping software; this way you can prioritize the traffic on your network.
Of the sites needing to be whitelisted, we recommend that
masteryconnect.com* has its traffic prioritized for quality of service.
* Needs to be wildcarded to unblock all subdomains.
- By default, GradeCam allows scanning on Windows, Macintosh, Chrome OS*, and Linux without installing the plugin; this is called No Plugin Mode.
- Exporting scores to a grade book requires the most current version of the GradeCam plugin; exporting on a Chrome browser also requires that the GradeCam Chrome Extension be installed.
* Scanning with GradeCam is available on Chromebooks; exporting scores is unavailable.