By default, all test IDs expire seven days after they have been generated, but you can always set an expiration date with a different time frame.
However, there may be instances when you want a test ID to expire at a specific time (at the end of a class period, for instance). This article will walk you through the steps for setting a custom expiration time for the assessment ID.
And remember, you can always generate a new test ID if you need to reopen it at a later time.
Step-by-Step: How to Set a Custom Expiration Time for an Assessment
- First, you'll need to open the assessment in your tracker. To do this, click on Trackers.
- Next, find the test ID for your assessment by opening a tracker and clicking on the name of the standard (e.g. 6.RP.A.1) where your assessment is located.
- Click on Assess above the standard name to see the test ID. Note: If you're working with a multi-standard assessment, you'll have to click the title of the assessment and drill down to find the Assess button.
- You'll see the test ID for that assessment; or you'll see dashes if one has not yet been generated. You may also see a status of Expired (in red letters); in these cases, simply click on Generate New Test ID to create a new test ID.
- Click on Change Expiration Options.
- Select Custom, and enter the date and time that you want the test ID to expire.
- Click Update.