*Note: this is a district-only feature.
After you have added the item to the district item bank, you are ready to begin defining the math formula item. A math formula question is a text entry type item, using a calculator interface, that asks the student to provide an answer to a math stimulus. There are two sections that are used to define the math formula answer:
How to Create a Math Formula Item for an Item Bank
- To add an optional passage or a calculator, click the Add Passage or the Add Tool button.
- In the Basic section, type the question in the Stimulus field.
- To add a math formula as part of the stimulus, put your cursor where you want to add it, and then click the Calculator icon.
- In the Validation section, enter a point value for each correct answer.
- Next, click the Value field to open the calculator, and then enter the correct answer.
- Before you publish the item, validate that the answers are functioning correctly. To do this, select the answers in the preview pane and click the Validate icon. Correct answers should be highlighted in green and incorrect answers should be highlighted in red.
- After you have finished creating the item, click the Publish button to share the item with any district teachers, or click the Publish and Reserve button to share the question with district administrators only.