*Note: this is a district-only feature.
Please Note: In Chrome, the 'Block third party cookies and site data' box must be unchecked in order to be able to add text in the question editor. If you cannot enter text, please make sure this box is not checked in your Chrome settings.
After you have added the item to the district item bank, you are ready to begin defining the choice matrix item. A choice matrix question is a multiple choice type question, in which several related question stems have the same choices (e.g. true/false).
How to Create a Choice Matrix Item for an Item Bank
To add an optional passage, calculator, or a ruler, click the Add Feature button.
- In the Compose Question section, type the instructions for the students to follow. Then type in the Stems you want to include. Under the Options, write the different option choices for each stem.
- Click the Add button to add more stems or options. Click the garbage icon to delete any stems or options.
- In the Set Correct Answers section, select the point value for each correct response, and then select the correct responses. You can also chose to include multiple responses or shuffle the options.
- Before you publish the item, validate that the answers are functioning correctly. To do this, select the answers in the preview pane and click the Show Answers icon. Correct answers should be highlighted in green and incorrect answers should be highlighted in red.
- After you have finished creating the item, click the Publish button to share the item with any district teachers, or click the Publish and Reserve button to share the question with district administrators only.