*Note: this is a district-only feature.
After you have added the item to the district item bank, you are ready to begin defining the choice matrix item. A choice matrix question is a multiple choice type question, in which several related question stems have the same choices (e.g. true/false). There are two sections that are used to define the choice matrix answer:
- Answer Key
How to Create a Choice Matrix Item for an Item Bank
- To add an optional passage or a calculator, click the Add Passage or the Add Tool button.
- In the Basic section, add the question in the Stimulus field.
- Click the Add button to the right of Options to add columns to the matrix. Click it once for each column you want to add.
- Type a name for each column.
- Click the Add button to the right of Stems to add rows to the matrix. Click it once for each row you want to add.
- Type a question stem for each row.
- In the Answer Key section, select the point value for each correct response, and then select the correct responses.
- Before you publish the item, validate that the answers are functioning correctly. To do this, select the answers in the preview pane and click the Validate icon. Correct answers should be highlighted in green and incorrect answers should be highlighted in red.
- After you have finished creating the item, click the Publish button to share the item with any district teachers, or click the Publish and Reserve button to share the question with district administrators only.