*Note: this is a district-only feature.
After you have added the item to the district item bank, you are ready to begin defining the cloze association item. A cloze association question is a fill in the blank (typically word-based) question that allows a student to drag and drop response options to blank response locations. There are two sections that are used to define the cloze association answer:
- Answer Key
How to Create a Cloze Association Item for an Item Bank
- To add an optional passage or a calculator, click the Add Passage or the Add Tool button.
- In the Basic section, add the question in the Stimulus field.
- In the Template Markup field, enter the text for the question. In the spots where you want to add blanks, type “
- Next, you will need to add answer choices to each blank. First, click the Add button to the right of Possible Responses. Do this once for every blank in your text. These are the responses that the student will drag and drop into the blanks.
- In the Answer Key, select point value for each correct response. In the Value section, select the correct answer for each blank.
- Before you publish the item, validate that the answers are functioning correctly. To do this, select the answers in the preview pane and click the Validate icon. Correct answers should be highlighted in green and incorrect answers should be highlighted in red.
- After you have finished creating the item, click the Publish button to share the item with any district teachers, or click the Publish and Reserve button to share the question with district administrators only.