*Note: this is a district-only feature.
Please Note: In Chrome, the 'Block third party cookies and site data' box must be unchecked in order to be able to add text in the question editor. If you cannot enter text, please make sure this box is not checked in your Chrome settings.
After you have added the item to the district item bank, you are ready to begin defining the cloze association item. A cloze association question is a fill in the blank (typically word-based) question that allows a student to drag and drop response options to blank response locations.
How to Create a Cloze Association Item for an Item Bank
To add an optional passage, calculator, or a ruler, click the Add Feature button.
- In the Compose Question field, enter the question or instructions for the student. Type or copy and paste the text for the question in the Template Markup field. To create more response boxes, right click on the the response box and copy. Then paste a new response box in the spots where you want to add blanks.
- Next, you will need to add answer choices to each blank. These are the responses that the student will drag and drop into the blanks. They will appear below the text.
- In the Set Correct Answers section, select point value for each correct response. Then drag and drop the correct answer choice to each blank box. Click on the box to add features like duplicate responses, shuffle options or show drag handle.
- Click on the carat to show More Options. Select the scoring type of exact match, partial match per response or partial match. You can also format the layout of the question and choices.
- Before you publish the item, validate that the answers are functioning correctly. To do this, select the answers and drop them into the response boxes in the preview pane and click the Show Answers box. Correct answers should be highlighted in green and incorrect answers should be highlighted in red.
- After you have finished creating the item, click the Publish button to share the item with any district teachers, or click the Publish and Reserve button to share the question with district administrators only.