Please Note: In Chrome, the 'Block third party cookies and site data' box must be unchecked in order to be able to add text in the question editor. If you cannot enter text, please make sure this box is not checked in your Chrome settings.
A cloze drop-down question is a fill in the blank (typically word-based) question in which each blank is pre-populated with a drop-down menu option.
How to Create a Cloze Drop-Down Item for an Item Bank
To add an optional passage, calculator, or a ruler, click the Add Feature button.
- In the Compose Question field, enter the question or instructions for the student. Type or copy and paste the text for the question in the Template Markup field. To create more response boxes, right click on the the response box and copy. Then paste a new response box in the spots where you want to add blanks.
- Now, you will need to add answer choices to each drop-down list. Enter the different choices for each response. To add more choices, click Add. To delete any response choices, click the garbage icon. Do this once for every drop-down list in the text.
- In the Set Correct Answers, enter the point value for each correct response. Then click on each response box and chose the correct answer from each drop down list.
- Click on the carat to show More Options. Select the Scoring Type and alter any formatting of the question.
- Before you publish the item, validate that the answers are functioning correctly. To do this, select the answers in the preview pane and click the Show Answers box. Correct answers should be highlighted in green and incorrect answers should be highlighted in red.
- After you have finished creating the item, click the Publish button to share the item with any district teachers, or click the Publish and Reserve button to share the question with district administrators only.