*Note: this is a district-only feature.
Please Note: In Chrome, the 'Block third party cookies and site data' box must be unchecked in order to be able to add text in the question editor. If you cannot enter text, please make sure this box is not checked in your Chrome settings.
After you have added the item to the district item bank, you are ready to begin defining the cloze drop-down item. A cloze drop-down question is a fill in the blank (typically word-based) question in which each blank is pre-populated with a drop-down menu option. There are two sections that are used to define the cloze drop-down answer:
- Answer Key
How to Create a Cloze Drop-Down Item for an Item Bank
- To add an optional passage or a calculator, click the Add Passage or the Add Tool button.
- In the Basic section, add the question in the Stimulus field.
- In the Template Markup field, enter the text for the question. In the spots where you want to add a drop-down list, type “
- Now, you will need to add answer choices to each drop-down list. First, click the Add button to the right of Possible Responses. Do this once for every drop-down list in the text.
- Next, click the + symbol to the right of Possible Response(s) for response 1. Click it once for every possible response that you want to add to the corresponding drop-down list. Type the answer choices.
- In the Answer Key, enter the point value for each correct response. In the Value section, select the correct answer for each drop-down list.
- Before you publish the item, validate that the answers are functioning correctly. To do this, select the answers in the preview pane and click the Validate icon. Correct answers should be highlighted in green and incorrect answers should be highlighted in red.
- After you have finished creating the item, click the Publish button to share the item with any district teachers, or click the Publish and Reserve button to share the question with district administrators only.