*Note: this is a district-only feature.
Please Note: In Chrome, the 'Block third party cookies and site data' box must be unchecked in order to be able to add text in the question editor. If you cannot enter text, please make sure this box is not checked in your Chrome settings.
After you have added the item to the district item bank, you are ready to begin defining the cloze inline text item. A cloze inline text question is a fill in the blank (typically word-based) question in which the student types a response into each blank. There are two sections that are used to define the cloze inline text answer:
- Answer Key
How to Create a Cloze Inline Text Item for an Item Bank
- To add an optional passage or a calculator, click the Add Passage or the Add Tool button.
- In the Basic section, add the question in the Stimulus field.
- In the Template Markup field, enter the text for the question. In the spots where you want to add blanks (for the student to fill in), type “
- In the Answer Key section, in the Scoring Type list, select whether you will accept partial responses, or only exact responses. Also, in the Score field, enter the point value for each correct response.
- Next, you will need to add the answer for each blank. First, click the Add button next to Value. Do this once for every blank in the text.
- In the Value section, type the correct answer for each blank.
- Before you publish the item, validate that the answers are functioning correctly. To do this, select the answers in the preview pane and click the Validate icon. Correct answers should be highlighted in green and incorrect answers should be highlighted in red.
- After you have finished creating the item, click the Publish button to share the item with any district teachers, or click the Publish and Reserve button to share the question with district administrators only.