*Note: this is a district-only feature.
Please Note: In Chrome, the 'Block third party cookies and site data' box must be unchecked in order to be able to add text in the question editor. If you cannot enter text, please make sure this box is not checked in your Chrome settings.
After you have added the item to the district item bank, you are ready to begin defining the cloze text item. A cloze text question is a fill in the blank (typically word-based) question in which the student types a response into each blank.
How to Create a Cloze Inline Text Item for an Item Bank
To add an optional passage, calculator, or a ruler, click the Add Feature button.
- In the Compose Question field, enter the question of student instructions. Type or copy and paste the text for the question in the Template Markup field. To create more response boxes, right click on the the response box and copy. Then paste a new response box in the spots where you want to add blanks.
- In the Set Correct Answers section, enter the point value for each correct response. Then type the correct answers in each blank.
- Click on the carat to show More Options. Select the scoring type from exact response, partial match per response or partial match. You can also alter the formatting and layout of the question and responses.
- Before you publish the item, validate that the answers are functioning correctly. To do this, type in the answers in the preview pane and click the Show Answers box. Correct answers should be highlighted in green and incorrect answers should be highlighted in red.
- After you have finished creating the item, click the Publish button to share the item with any district teachers, or click the Publish and Reserve button to share the question with district administrators only.