Please Note: In Chrome, the 'Block third party cookies and site data' box must be unchecked in order to be able to add text in the question editor. If you cannot enter text, please make sure this box is not checked in your Chrome settings.
An cloze math formula question is a fill in the blank type question that allows students to input math formula type responses, using a calculator-like interface, in response to a stimulus.
How to Create a Cloze Math Formula Item for an Item Bank
To add an optional passage, calculator, or a ruler, click the Add Feature button.
- In the Compose Question field, enter the question or prompt. In the Formula Template field, enter the formula for the question. Click on the Response box to move the box where you want it in the formula. If you want more Response boxes, right click on the response box to copy it. Then paste it in the new location.
- In the Set Correct Answers section, select the point value for each correct response. Click on the carat to open each response. Enter the correct answer in the Value field. Select any other options you want to include in the response answer. Do this for each response.
- Next, click on the carat to show More Options. Select the Scoring Type and then format the layout to how you want.
- Before you publish the item, validate that the answers are functioning correctly. To do this, type the answers in the preview pane and click the Show Answers box. Correct answers should be highlighted in green and incorrect answers should be highlighted in red.
- After you have finished creating the item, click the Publish button to share the item with any district teachers, or click the Publish and Reserve button to share the question with district administrators only.