*Note: this is a district-only feature.
Please Note: In Chrome, the 'Block third party cookies and site data' box must be unchecked in order to be able to add text in the question editor. If you cannot enter text, please make sure this box is not checked in your Chrome settings.
After you have added the item to the district item bank, you are ready to begin defining the cloze math formula item. An cloze math formula question is an image based item that allows students to input math formula type responses, into a calculator-like interface, in specific response locations positioned on an image. There are two sections that are used to define the cloze math formula answer:
- Answer Key
How to Create a Cloze Math Formula Item for an Item Bank
- To add an optional passage or a calculator, click the Add Passage or the Add Tool button.
- In the Template Markup field, enter the formula for the question. In the spots where you want to add blanks, type “
- In the Answer Key section, select the point value for each correct response. Click the + symbol on the right of Equation Values once for each response (blank) in the question.
- Next, select the Method of validation, and then enter the answer in the Value field. Do this for each response.
- Before you publish the item, validate that the answers are functioning correctly. To do this, select the answers in the preview pane and click the Validate icon. Correct answers should be highlighted in green and incorrect answers should be highlighted in red.
- After you have finished creating the item, click the Publish button to share the item with any district teachers, or click the Publish and Reserve button to share the question with district administrators only.