*Note: this is a district-only feature.
Please Note: In Chrome, the 'Block third party cookies and site data' box must be unchecked in order to be able to add text in the question editor. If you cannot enter text, please make sure this box is not checked in your Chrome settings.
After you have added the item to the district item bank, you are ready to begin defining the formula essay item. A formula essay question allows the student to enter and format text, using a keyboard, and calculator interface with formulas, in response to a stimulus. This type of question supports rubric grading. There are two sections that are used to define the formula essay answer:
How to Create a Formula Essay Item for an Item Bank
- To add an optional passage or a calculator, click the Add Passage or the Add Tool button.
- In the Basic section, add the question in the Stimulus field.
- In the Rubric and Other Information section, enter the rubric criteria. You can create this as a table by clicking the Table icon.
- In the Rubric Total Points field, enter the total possible value for the rubric.
- After you have finished creating the item, click the Publish button to share the item with any district teachers, or click the Publish and Reserve button to share the question with district administrators only.