*Note: this is a district-only feature.
Please Note: In Chrome, the 'Block third party cookies and site data' box must be unchecked in order to be able to add text in the question editor. If you cannot enter text, please make sure this box is not checked in your Chrome settings.
After you have added the item to the district item bank, you are ready to begin defining the graph plotting item.A graphing type item that asks a student to add points, lines, parabolas, etc. on an interactive graph in response to a stimulus.
How to Create a Graph Plotting Item for an Item Bank
To add an optional passage, calculator, or a ruler, click the Add Feature button.
- In the Compose Question field, type in the question and instructions for the student to follow. Change the Graph Parameters to the maximum and minimum of the x and y axis.
- In the Tools section, select the types of buttons that you want your students to use on the graph. Click Add to add more buttons, or click the garbage icon next to the button fields to delete them. You can use several different types of buttons on your graph.
- In the Set Correct Answers section, select the button type and use the graph to plot out the correct answers (just as your student would).
- Click on the carat to show More Options. Format the Grid by selecting the axis distance and tick distance. Select the boxes to include options of ticks, labels, and arrows. Then in the Controls section, select, add or delete the different controls you want available for your students. You may also choose Annotations or a Background Image to include on the coordinate grid.
- Before you publish the item, validate that the answers are functioning correctly. To do this, select the answers and plot them on the grid in the preview pane and check the Show Answers box. Correct answers should be highlighted in green and incorrect answers should be highlighted in red.
- After you have finished creating the item, click the Publish button to share the item with any district teachers, or click the Publish and Reserve button to share the question with district administrators only.