*Note: this is a district-only feature.
After you have added the item to the district item bank, you are ready to begin defining the graph plotting item. A graph plotting question is a drag and drop type item that asks students to plot possible responses on a number line in response to a stimulus. There are three sections that are used to define the graph plotting answer:
- Answer Key
How to Create a Graph Plotting Item for an Item Bank
- To add an optional passage or a calculator, click the Add Passage or the Add Tool button.
- In the Basic section, add the question in the Stimulus field.
- In the Toolbar section, in the Button field, select the types of buttons that you want your students to use on the graph. Click Add Button to add more buttons, or click the red X next to the button fields to remove them. You can use several different types of buttons on your graph.
- On the graph, in the Answer Key section, select the button type and use the graph to plot out the correct answers (just as your student would).
- In Formatting, in the Axis X section, toggle the Draw Labels button to Yes. Do the same thing in the Axis Y section.
- Before you publish the item, validate that the answers are functioning correctly. To do this, select the answers in the preview pane and click the Validate icon. Correct answers should be highlighted in green and incorrect answers should be highlighted in red.
- After you have finished creating the item, click the Publish button to share the item with any district teachers, or click the Publish and Reserve button to share the question with district administrators only.