*Note: this is a district-only feature.
Please Note: In Chrome, the 'Block third party cookies and site data' box must be unchecked in order to be able to add text in the question editor. If you cannot enter text, please make sure this box is not checked in your Chrome settings.
After you have added the item to the district item bank, you are ready to begin defining the multiple choice item. A multiple choice question asks the student to select one or more answers from a list of predetermined answer choices (based on item author determination) in response to a question.
Step by Step
How to Create a Multiple Choice Item for an Item Bank
- To add an optional passage, calculator, or a ruler, click the Add Feature button.
- Write the question in the Compose Question field.
- Write the multiple choice options. You can change the order of the options by clicking and dragging each option. Click Add to add more options or click on the garbage icon to delete options.
- To add an image to your answer choice, click inside the answer field, and then click on the Image icon. You can enter the URL of the image, or click Browse to upload an image from your computer.
- In the Set Correct Answers section, write the point value for a correct response and select the correct response(s). If there is more than one correct answer to the question, check the Multiple Responses box. If you want the options to be shuffled, check the Shuffle options box.
- Click on the carat to open up More Options. In the Scoring field, select the Scoring Type of exact match, partial match per response or partial match. You may also format the layout and add any additional notes.
- Before you publish the item, validate that the answers are functioning correctly. To do this, select the answers in the preview pane and check the Show Answers box. Correct answers should be highlighted in green and incorrect answers should be highlighted in red. The correct points will also be shown.
- After you have finished creating the item, click the Publish button to share the item with any district teachers, or click the Publish and Reserve button to share the question with district administrators only.