*Note: this is a district-only feature.
After you have added the item to the district item bank, you are ready to begin defining the multiple choice item. A multiple choice question asks the student to select one or more answers from a list of predetermined answer choices (based on item author determination) in response to a stimulus. There are two sections that are used to define the multiple choice answer:
- Answer Key
Step by Step
How to Create a Multiple Choice Item for an Item Bank
- To add an optional passage or a calculator, click the Add Passage or the Add Tool button.
- In the Basic section, add the question in the Stimulus field.
- Click Add to start adding the multiple choice answer options. If there is more than one correct answer to the question, toggle the Multiple Responses button to Yes.
- To add an image to your answer choice, click inside the answer field, and then click on the Image icon. You can enter the URL of the image, or click Browse to upload an image from your computer.
- In the Answer Key section, select the correct responses. In the Score field, add the point value for a correct response.
- To add an alternate response, click Add on the right of Alternate Responses, and then select the correct response and score for that response.
- Before you publish the item, validate that the answers are functioning correctly. To do this, select the answers in the preview pane and click the Validate icon. Correct answers should be highlighted in green and incorrect answers should be highlighted in red.
- After you have finished creating the item, click the Publish button to share the item with any district teachers, or click the Publish and Reserve button to share the question with district administrators only.