*Note: this is a district-only feature.
After you have added the item to the district item bank, you are ready to begin defining the number line plot item. A number line plot question asks students to plot points, segments, rays, etc. on an interactive number line in response to a stimulus. There are two sections that are used to define the number line plot answer:
- Answer Key
How to Create a Number Line Plot Item for an Item Bank
- To add an optional passage or a calculator, click the Add Passage or the Add Tool button.
- In the Basic section, add the question in the Stimulus field.
- In the Ticks section, toggle the Show button to Yes. In the Minor Ticks field, select the number of ticks that you want to appear between the numbers on the line.
- In the Answer Key section, click the + symbol to the right of Value.
- In the Type list, select the type of tool that you want the student to use for the answer, and enter the correct coordinates in the Point fields.
- Before you publish the item, validate that the answers are functioning correctly. To do this, select the answers in the preview pane and click the Validate icon. Correct answers should be highlighted in green and incorrect answers should be highlighted in red.
- After you have finished creating the item, click the Publish button to share the item with any district teachers, or click the Publish and Reserve button to share the question with district administrators only.