*Note: this is a district-only feature.
Please Note: In Chrome, the 'Block third party cookies and site data' box must be unchecked in order to be able to add text in the question editor. If you cannot enter text, please make sure this box is not checked in your Chrome settings.
After you have added the item to the district item bank, you are ready to begin defining the number line plot item. A number line plot question asks students to plot points, segments, rays, etc. on an interactive number line in response to a stimulus.
How to Create a Number Line Plot Item for an Item Bank
To add an optional passage, calculator, or a ruler, click the Add Feature button.
- In the Compose Question field, write the question or instructions for the student to follow. Decide the minimum and maximum value of the number line. Write the number of responses that are allowed.
- In the Set Correct Answers section, fill in the point value. Select the correct geometric feature and plot it on the line. Drag the points of the line, segment or ray to move it to the correct location on the number line.
- section, check the boxes to show ticks and the max and min. Decide the tick Distance and in the Minor Ticks field, select the number of ticks that you want to appear between the numbers on the line.
- Before you publish the item, validate that the answers are functioning correctly. To do this, select the correct geometric feature and plot it on the number line in the preview pane and check the Show Answers box. Correct answers should be highlighted in green and incorrect answers should be highlighted in red.
- After you have finished creating the item, click the Publish button to share the item with any district teachers, or click the Publish and Reserve button to share the question with district administrators only.