*Note: this is a district-only feature.
After you have added the item to the district item bank, you are ready to begin defining the simple chart item. A simple chart question asks the student to adjust plot areas, using interactive charts, to respond to a stimulus. There are two sections that are used to define the simple chart answer:
- Answer Key
How to Create a Simple Chart Item for an Item Bank
- To add an optional passage or a calculator, click the Add Passage or the Add Tool button.
- In the Basic section, type the question in the Stimulus field.
- In the Max Y-Axis Value field, enter the maximum value that you want on the Y-axis of your chart .
- In the Chart Data section, type the title of the chart in the Name field.
- In the Data section, click the + symbol, and then type the name of an X-axis point in the Label field. In the Value field, enter the point at which you want the chart to begin. Click the + symbol again to add other data points on the X-axis.
- Type the X-axis and Y-axis labels
- In the Snap-to-Grid field, you can define the increments by which the Y-axis will move as the student moves the answer. For instance, if you set this to 5 the student will only be able to move the Y-axis to 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, etc.
- In the Answer Key section, click the + symbol on the right of Value to add the correct student response. Do this for each point on the chart.
- Before you publish the item, validate that the answers are functioning correctly. To do this, select the answers in the preview pane and click the Validate icon. Correct answers should be highlighted in green and incorrect answers should be highlighted in red.
- After you have finished creating the item, click the Publish button to share the item with any district teachers, or click the Publish and Reserve button to share the question with district administrators only.