Please Note: In Chrome, the 'Block third party cookies and site data' box must be unchecked in order to be able to add text in the question editor. If you cannot enter text, please make sure this box is not checked in your Chrome settings.
A simple chart question asks the student to adjust plot areas, using interactive charts, to respond to a stimulus.
How to Create a Simple Chart Item for an Item Bank
To add an optional passage, calculator, or a ruler, click the Add Feature button..
- In the Compose Question field, type the question, prompt or instructions for the student to follow. In the Max Y-Axis Value field, enter the maximum value that you want on the Y-axis of your chart .
- If you want a title for the Chart and Labels, enter them in the provided fields.
- Then type in the Label and Value for each point you include. Select Interactive to allow students to manipulate the chart. You can add more points by clicking on the Add symbol. Delete points by clicking on the garbage icon.
- In the Set Correct Answers section, click on the top of the graphing bar to drag the bar to the correct answer location.
- Click on the carat to open up More Options. From here you can chose the layout and add or delete points or gridlines. In the Snap-to-Grid field, you can define the increments by which the Y-axis will move as the student moves the answer. For instance, if you set this to 5 the student will only be able to move the Y-axis to 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, etc.
- Before you publish the item, validate that the answers are functioning correctly. To do this, select the answers in the preview pane and check the Show Answers box. Correct answers should be highlighted in green and incorrect answers should be highlighted in red.
- After you have finished creating the item, click the Publish button to share the item with any district teachers, or click the Publish and Reserve button to share the question with district administrators only.