*Note: this is a district-only feature.
Please Note: In Chrome, the 'Block third party cookies and site data' box must be unchecked in order to be able to add text in the question editor. If you cannot enter text, please make sure this box is not checked in your Chrome settings.
After you have added the item to the district item bank, you are ready to begin defining the sort list item. A sort list question is a drag and drop type question that asks the student to move a selection of predetermined answer choices from one column to another column in a new order.
How to Create a Sort List Item for an Item Bank
To add an optional passage, calculator, or a ruler, click the Add Feature button.
- In the Compose Question field, write the instructions you want the student to follow.
- Write the names of the items you want the student to sort in the list. Click the Add button to add more choices or click the garbage icon to delete the choices.
- In the Set Correct Answers section, enter the point value for each correct response, and then click each item and drag it to the correct order. You also can choose to shuffle the options.
- Click on the carat to show More Options. You will be able to select the scoring type to be exact match, partial match per response or partial match. You can also change the layout and choose to show the drag handle.
- Before you publish the item, validate that the answers are functioning correctly. To do this, select the answers in the preview pane and click the Show Answers box. Correct answers should be highlighted in green and incorrect answers should be highlighted in red.
- After you have finished creating the item, click the Publish button to share the item with any district teachers, or click the Publish and Reserve button to share the question with district administrators only.