*Note: this is a district-only feature.
After you have added the item to the district item bank, you are ready to begin defining the sort list item. A sort list question is a drag and drop type question that asks the student to move a selection of predetermined answer choices from one column to another column in a new order. There are two sections that are used to define the sort list answer:
- Answer Key
How to Create a Sort List Item for an Item Bank
- To add an optional passage or a calculator, click the Add Passage or the Add Tool button.
- In the Basic section, add the question in the Stimulus field.
- Click the green Add button to the right of List once for every item that you want to add to the sort list.
- Type the names of items that you want the student to sort.
- In the Answer Key section, enter the point value for each correct response, and then click each item and drag it to the correct order.
- Before you publish the item, validate that the answers are functioning correctly. To do this, select the answers in the preview pane and click the Validate icon. Correct answers should be highlighted in green and incorrect answers should be highlighted in red.
- After you have finished creating the item, click the Publish button to share the item with any district teachers, or click the Publish and Reserve button to share the question with district administrators only.