*Note: this is a district-only feature.
Please Note: In Chrome, the 'Block third party cookies and site data' box must be unchecked in order to be able to add text in the question editor. If you cannot enter text, please make sure this box is not checked in your Chrome settings.
After you have added the item to the district item bank, you are ready to begin defining the essay (long text) item. An essay (long text) question is an essay type question that allows the student to enter and format text in response to a stimulus. There are two sections that are used to define the essay (long text) answer:
- Rubric and Other Information
How to Create a Essay (Long Text) Item for an Item Bank
- To add an optional passage or a calculator, click the Add Passage or the Add Tool button.
- In the Basic section, add the question in the Stimulus field. If you want to add a word limit for the students' answers, enter it in the Maximum Length field.
- In the Rubric and Other Information section, enter the rubric criteria in the Rubric field. You can create this as a table by clicking the Table icon.
- After you have finished creating the item, click the Publish button to share the item with any district teachers, or click the Publish and Reserve button to share the question with district administrators only.