*Note: this is a district-only feature.
After you have added the item to the district item bank, you are ready to begin defining the essay (plain text) item. An essay (plain text) question is an essay type question asks the student to enter text in response to a stimulus. It allows for minimal text control, such as cut, copy, and paste, as determined by the item author. There are two sections that are used to define the essay (plain text) answer:
- Rubric and Other Information
How to Create a Essay (Plain Text) Item for an Item Bank
- To add an optional passage or a calculator, click the Add Passage or the Add Tool button.
- In the Basic section, add the question in the Stimulus field. If you want to add a word limit for the students' answers, enter it in the Maximum Length field.
- In the Rubric and Other Information section, enter the rubric criteria. You can create this as a table by clicking the Table icon.
- After you have finished creating the item, click the Publish button to share the item with any district teachers, or click the Publish and Reserve button to share the question with district administrators only.