*Note: this is a district-only feature.
Please Note: In Chrome, the 'Block third party cookies and site data' box must be unchecked in order to be able to add text in the question editor. If you cannot enter text, please make sure this box is not checked in your Chrome settings.
After you have added the item to the district item bank, you are ready to begin defining the image cloze math formula item. An image cloze math formula question is an image based item that allows students to input math formula type responses, into a calculator-like interface, in specific response locations positioned on an image.
How to Create an Image Cloze Math Formula Item for an Item Bank
To add an optional passage, calculator, or a ruler, click the Add Feature button.
- In the Compose Question field, write the question or instructions for the student. Click on Edit in the image preview to upload an image.
- Click on Replace to upload an image from your computer. Click on the carat for More Options to add the image by entering the image URL.
- Now, you'll need to add positions on the image where you want the students to put their responses. Click the Add button once for each position that you want to add to the image. Click each position, and drag it to the appropriate spot on the image.
- In the Set Correct Answers section, select a point value for each correct response. Click on the carat to open each Response. Enter the correct answer in the Value field. Be sure to include any symbol or sign that is part of the value. Select any options to include in the answer.
- Click on the carat to show More Options. Select the type of scoring from exact match, partial match per response or partial match. You can also format the layout of the question and change the keypad.
- Before you publish the item, validate that the answers are functioning correctly. To do this, enter the answers in the preview pane response boxes and check the Show Answers box. Correct answers should be highlighted in green and incorrect answers should be highlighted in red.
- After you have finished creating the item, click the Publish button to share the item with any district teachers, or click the Publish and Reserve button to share the question with district administrators only.