*Note: this is a district-only feature.
Please Note: In Chrome, the 'Block third party cookies and site data' box must be unchecked in order to be able to add text in the question editor. If you cannot enter text, please make sure this box is not checked in your Chrome settings.
After you have added the item to the district item bank, you are ready to begin defining the image cloze math formula item. An image cloze math formula question is an image based item that allows students to input math formula type responses, into a calculator-like interface, in specific response locations positioned on an image. There are two sections that are used to define the image cloze math formula answer:
- Answer Key
How to Create an Image Cloze Math Formula Item for an Item Bank
- To add an optional passage or a calculator, click the Add Passage or the Add Tool button.
- In the Basic section, add the question in the Stimulus field.
- Click on the Image URL field and add the image. You can either upload an image from your computer, or enter the URL of an image on the web.
- Now, you'll need to add positions on the image where you want the students to put their responses. Click the Add button once for each position that you want to add to the image.
- Click each position, and drag it to the appropriate spot on the image.
- In the Answer Key section, select a point value for each correct response. Click the + symbol to the right of Equation Values once for each response on the image.
- Next, select the Method of validation, and then enter the answer in the Value field. Do this for each response position.
- Before you publish the item, validate that the answers are functioning correctly. To do this, select the answers in the preview pane and click the Validate icon. Correct answers should be highlighted in green and incorrect answers should be highlighted in red.
- After you have finished creating the item, click the Publish button to share the item with any district teachers, or click the Publish and Reserve button to share the question with district administrators only.