Please Note: In Chrome, the 'Block third party cookies and site data' box must be unchecked in order to be able to add text in the question editor. If you cannot enter text, please make sure this box is not checked in your Chrome settings.
An image drop-down question is a fill in the blank type question in which each blank located on the image is pre-populated with a drop-down menu option.
How to Create an Image Drop-down Item for an Item Bank
To add an optional passage, calculator, or a ruler, click the Add Feature button.
- In the Compose Question field, enter the question or instructions for the student. Click on the Edit button in the Image Preview. A new window will appear, click on Replace to upload an image from your computer. Click on More Options to enter an image URL to add an image from the web.
- In the Response section, click Add to add more response boxes to the image. Click on each response, and then drag it to the appropriate position on the image. Do this until all responses are where you want them.
- Next, you will need to add answer choices to each drop-down list. Enter the different responses for each drop-down list. To add more choices, click the Add. To delete any choices, click on the garbage icon. Do this once for every drop-down list on the image.
- In the Set Correct Answers, select the point value for each correct response. Then select the correct response for each drop-down list.
- Before you publish the item, validate that the answers are functioning correctly. To do this, select the answers in the preview pane and check the Show Answers box. Correct answers should be highlighted in green and incorrect answers should be highlighted in red.
- After you have finished creating the item, click the Publish button to share the item with any district teachers, or click the Publish and Reserve button to share the question with district administrators only.