*Note: this is a district-only feature.
Please Note: In Chrome, the 'Block third party cookies and site data' box must be unchecked in order to be able to add text in the question editor. If you cannot enter text, please make sure this box is not checked in your Chrome settings.
After you have added the item to the district item bank, you are ready to begin defining the image drop-down item. An image drop-down question is a fill in the blank type question in which each blank is pre-populated with a dropdown menu option. There are two sections that are used to define the image drop-down answer:
- Answer Key
How to Create an Image Drop-down Item for an Item Bank
- To add an optional passage or a calculator, click the Add Passage or the Add Tool button.
- In the Basic section, add the question in the Stimulus field.
- Click on the Image URL field and add the image. You can either upload an image from your computer, or enter the URL of an image on the web.
- Now, you'll need to add the drop-down lists to the image from which you want the students to select their responses. Click the Add button once for each drop-down list that you want to add to the image.
- Click on each response, and then drag it to the appropriate position on the image. Do this until all responses are where you want them.
- Next, you will need to add answer choices to each drop-down list. First, click the Add button next to Possible Responses. Do this once for every drop-down list on the image.
- Next, click the + symbol to the right of Possible Response(s) for response 1. Click it once for every choice that you want to add to the corresponding drop-down list. Type the answer choices. Continue doing this for each drop-down list on the image.
- In the Answer Key, select the point value for each correct response. In the Value section, select the correct answer for each position.
- Before you publish the item, validate that the answers are functioning correctly. To do this, select the answers in the preview pane and click the Validate icon. Correct answers should be highlighted in green and incorrect answers should be highlighted in red.
- After you have finished creating the item, click the Publish button to share the item with any district teachers, or click the Publish and Reserve button to share the question with district administrators only.