The following minor issues can generally be fixed by simply clearing your browser cache and cookies:
- Passages are overlapping in item banks
- Items that are normally editable can no longer be edited.
- Assessment questions appear out of order.
- Your browser is moving slowly.
Your network may be set to automatically clear the cache and cookies every time a device is restarted. For this reason, it's a good idea for both you and your students to restart your devices at least once a day. Even so, it may sometimes also be necessary to manually clear the cache and cookies.
Step by Step
How to Troubleshoot Browser-Related Issues
- Clear your cache and cookies. Most browsers have unique ways of clearing cache and cookies. If you are unsure how to do this on your browser, you can talk to your network administrator or do an internet search for instructions.
- Try another browser. Since some issues may be browser-specific, we encourage you to try a different browser when coming across an issue.
- Open MasteryConnect or MC Student in a Private or Incognito Window. If you are unable (or do not want) to clear your cache and cookies, you can open a private or incognito window.
- Chrome—Right click the Chrome icon on your desktop and select New Incognito Window.
- Safari and Firefox—Click File at the top left of your desktop and select New Private Window.
- Contact MasteryConnect Support. After you have cleared your cache and cookies and tried a different browser, if you are still having the issue on both browsers, it may be necessary to notify the MasteryConnect Support team.