Here you can learn how to set up Learning Tools Interoperability (LTI) in order to integrate MasteryConnect into Blackboard.
Before you can register MasteryConnect as a new service provider, you will need two basic pieces of information: the consumer key, and the shared secret. Once you have these, you will be able to configure LTI in Blackboard for teachers to use.
If you've already set up the MasteryConnect integration in Blackboard, you can learn how to deliver an assessment through Canvas here.
How to Find the Key and Secret
- In MasteryConnect, click Admin, hover over Manage, and then select LTI Settings.
- On this page, you will see the name of your district and of individual schools. You can generate an LTI Key and Secret for the entire district, or for specific schools within your district. To do this, click Generate to the right of the district (or schools) for which you want to set up LTI. These are the two pieces of information that you’ll need before going to Blackboard.
Note: You can Revoke the key and secret for your district or school. Please be aware that this action in permanent, and that everything associated with the revoked key and secret will no longer be usable.
How to Add MasteryConnect to Blackboard
- In a separate browser window, open Blackboard.
- On the top right, click System Admin.
- In the Building Blocks section, click Building Blocks.
- Select LTI Tool Providers, and then click the Register Provider Domain button.
- In the Provider Domain Status section, enter
app.masteryconnect.comin the Provider Domain box, and select Approved.
- Now, in the Default Configuration section, select Set Globally.
- At this point, you will need the key and secret for the school or district that you are trying to integrate. Return to the MasteryConnect LTI Settings page, copy the key and paste it in the Tool Provider Key box.
- Next, copy the secret and paste it in the Tool Provider Secret box in Blackboard.
- Now, scroll to the bottom of the page and click Submit.
- MasteryConnect will now be added to the list of external apps, and your teachers can begin using it to deliver assessments through Blackboard.