*Note: this is a district-only feature.
Please Note: In Chrome, the 'Block third party cookies and site data' box must be unchecked in order to be able to add text in the question editor. If you cannot enter text, please make sure this box is not checked in your Chrome settings.
After you have added the item to the district item bank, you are ready to begin defining the hotspot item. A hotspot item is an image based question in which students click on a pre-determined section of an image in response to a stimulus.
How to Create an Label Image Item for an Item Bank
To add an optional passage, calculator, or a ruler, click the Add Feature button.
- In the Compose Question field, write the question or instructions for the student. In the Image Preview, click on Edit. A new window will open. Click Replace and chose an image from files on your computer. You also have the option to add an image URL link under More Options. Then click Save.
- In the Areas section. Click on the Draw button. With the drawing cursor, create an area around any section of the image that you want to make available for the students to select. If you do not create an area, the student will not be able to select it when they answer the question. You can delete any area by clicking the Delete button and then selecting the area you want to delete. You can also select which color you want to have for the drawn areas.
- In the Set Correct Answers, write the amount of points for each correct answer. Then click on the correct areas. They will become darker. Click on the box to include multiple responses.
- Before you publish the item, validate that the answers are functioning correctly. To do this, select one of the areas in the preview pane. Then check the Show Answers box. Correct answers should be highlighted in green and incorrect answers should be highlighted in red.
- After you have finished creating the item, click the Publish button to share the item with any district teachers, or click the Publish and Reserve button to share the question with district administrators only.