To give Parents access to the parent portal, their email must be listed as a contact in the student account. You can add the parents' emails manually or sync them with MasteryConnect.
How to Add Parent Emails manually:
- Click on Admin, then click on Manage and select Students.
- Find the student's account and click on Edit in the student's profile.
- Add the parent(s) email to the Parent Email field and press Save.
- Find the student's profile and click Send Parent Activation Email.This email is required and will allow each parent to create a password and set up their account.
How to Add Parent Emails through a Sync:
- Verify that the contacts are FERPA compliant guardians, since they will have access to private student assessment data. Once you’ve confirmed FERPA compliance, please create a ticket with Support. Include in the ticket:
- Confirmation that you’ve checked for FERPA compliance and that you authorize us to sync the contacts into MasteryConnect.
- A preferred date range when you’d like us to create accounts and send out emails.
- Each parent will receive an activation email as soon as the contact is imported into MasteryConnect. This email is required and will allow each parent to create a password and set up their account. For future sync requests, simply repeat the process.