If your institution uses Canvas LMS, you can link a Mastery Tracker to a Canvas course. You can also create MasteryConnect assessments from within a Canvas course, which creates an assignment in the Canvas course. Trackers can be linked to single Canvas courses as well as cross-listed courses with multiple sections.
Once this connection is made, you will have access to the Mastery Tracker in your Canvas course. This includes access to mastery data, assessments built with 3rd party item banks, and tools to support competency-based learning.
- In order to link a mastery tracker to your Canvas course, your Instructure Customer Success Manager (CSM) must first set up an LTI connection between your instances of Canvas and MasteryConnect. If you do not see the Mastery Tracker link in your Canvas Course Navigation, contact your CSM.
- Parents with a MasteryConnect account may be able to view their student's MasteryConnect trackers and assignments in Canvas if this feature is enabled in their district.
- If you edit your Mastery Tracker or your Canvas course, your tracker and course will automatically sync overnight. If your tracker and course need to sync immediately, you can sync them manually.
Open Canvas Course
View Tracker in Course
If you link an existing tracker, any previously added students display in the Students column .
To add an assessment to the tracker, click the Add Assessment button . To view or score assessments for a standard, hover over the standard title  and click the Assess link .
- Creating an MasteryConnect assessment from your tracker in Canvas automatically creates a Canvas assignment.
- When a student completes the linked assignment, the assignment score displays in the Canvas gradebook.
- You can edit your Mastery Tracker directly in Canvas.