If your institution uses Canvas LMS, you can move a mastery tracker from a past course into a new couse. Once this connection is made, your migrated mastery tracker will display in your new Canvas course. The tracker will no longer be linked to the original course. Your previous course's active Canvas assignments that were linked to the tracker will remain in your original Canvas course assignment list, but will not be available to administer and grade passback will not be available for them.
- Scored MasteryConnect assessments in an existing tracker are not automatically imported into the Canvas course.
- In order to link a mastery tracker to any Canvas course, your Instructure Customer Success Manager (CSM) must first set up an LTI connection between your instances of Canvas and MasteryConnect. If you do not see the Mastery Tracker link in your Canvas Course Navigation, contact your CSM.
- To link to an existing tracker from Canvas, your Canvas and MasteryConnect accounts must be synced via a SIS (student information system).
- To link correctly to a Canvas course, your existing tracker must be assigned to a classroom section in MasteryConnect.
- If you edit your Mastery Tracker or your current Canvas course, your tracker and course will automatically sync overnight. If your tracker and course need to sync immediately, you can sync them manually.
Open New Canvas Course
Log in to your Canvas account.
In the Global Navigation Menu, click the Courses link , then click the title of the new course you will link to your tracker .
Enter Tracker Details
Select an existing tracker to link to your course from the Available Trackers drop-down list .
To import unscored assessments with the tracker, select the Import unscored assessments checkbox .
Click the Link button .
- Once this connection is made, the tracker will no longer be linked to your original course.
- After unlinking a tracker from your original course, the Canvas assignments list in your original course still displays previously linked MasteryConnect tracker assessments. However, those assessments cannot be administered in the original course after the tracker is unlinked.
- Grade passback will not be available for the assignments that were linked to the tracker in the original course.
View Mastery Tracker in Canvas
Your migrated mastery tracker will display in your new Canvas course.
You can create and add new assessments to your mastery tracker, which will then populate in your new course's assignment list.