You can configure the tools and accommodations that are available in Enhanced Accommodation (EA) assessments to students in your tracker.
EA assessments have several tools and features to help meet students' needs during the Mastery Connect assessment process. District administrators and assessment facilitators can manage these tools at the tracker level and at the assessment level.
- If you make changes to the tools and accommodations on an active assessment, any students currently taking the assessment will need to log out and log back in to see the changes.
- If a student is added to a tracker with the text-to-speech tool enabled for all students, that student will automatically inherit that setting configuration.
In the Global Navigation menu, click the Trackers tab , and then click the name of the tracker .
Configure Tracker Tools and Accommodations
In the Tools and Accommodations Settings tray, you can configure the default settings for all assessments and all students in the tracker.
To allow a tool or accommodation, click the corresponding check box .
To include a calculator or ruler, select the calculator or ruler type and then specify the calculator or ruler options by clicking the corresponding radio button .
If tools were added to the assessment as part of the question authoring process, click the Question Level Tools toggle to switch those tools on or off .
To apply these settings to all assessments in the tracker, click to select the Apply to all assessments check box . Selecting this option will overwrite any custom tools and accommodations settings in any assessments in the tracker.
To edit the Text to Speech tool settings for the tracker, click the Text to Speech Settings drop-down menu . Click to select one of the three options: Disable for all students, Enable for all students, or Manually set for each student.
When you select the Enable for all students option, you can customize the text-to-speech tool further by clicking the check boxes to select or deselect options. By default, all options are selected. You can enable the text-to-speech tool for benchmark assessments, formative assessments, and for passages within assessment questions .
To save your changes, click the Save button .
- The Desmos calculators are only available in districts that have paid Desmos subscriptions.
- One of three Desmos basic calculator options will be available: Scientific, Four Function, or Graphing.
- If your district has a paid state calculator subscription, your state calculator will also be available here.